Sistem Pembangkit Daya Siklus Uap
Pabrikan: Bolton Superheater, Wards Patents, LTD
Kapasitas 1,5 kW
Bahan bakar diesel (pertadex)
Boiler dengan kapasitas 150 lb/h, tekanan 11 bar
- Understand the energy conversion process in a steam power plant
- Understand the efficiency of power generation as the performance parameter in steam power plant
- BASIC PRINCIPLE
Steam power plant is a power generating system by using the chemical energy in a fuel which converted into the turbine’s shaft power. Energy conversion process described as below.
- Chemical energy stored in the fuel converted into thermal energy by combustion as a hot gass. This process occur in the burner.
- Thermal energy of the combustion gas transferred into the water H2O, so that thermal energy of the H2O increasing. This process take place in the steam generator.
- Thermal energy of H2O converted into kinetic energy of H2O when it flows through the nozzle.
- Kinetic energy of H2O converted into mechanical energy in the rotating turbine.
- Mechanical energy in the rotating turbine converted into electrical energy in the generator.