As one of the laboratories in the Inter University Research Center for Engineering Sciences (PPAU-IR) ITB, the Thermodynamics Laboratory bases its programs on the scientific assessment and technology development of thermal energy conversion and thermal process systems.
Currently, the Thermodynamics Laboratory is supported by 8 permanent staffs and 3 associates staffs in different fields.
List of Permanent Staffs:
- Prof. Dr. Ir. Aryadi Suwono
- Prof. Dr. Ir. T.A. Fauzi Soelaiman
- Dr. Ir. Toto Hardianto
- Dr. Ir. Ari Darmawan Pasek
- Dr. Ir. Nathanael P. Tandian
- Dr. Ir. Willy Adriansyah
- Dr. Yuli S Indartono
- Dr. Jooned Hendrarsakti
- Dr. Eng. Pandji Prawisudha (Head of Laboratory)
- Adrian Rizki Irhamna, M.T.
- Evan Philander, M.T.
List of Associate Staffs:
- Dr. Ir. Abdurrachim
- Dr. Ir. Prihadi Setyo Darmanto
- Ir. Made Astina, MT
Research area/ Expertise
The Thermodynamics Laboratory bases its programs on the scientific assessment and technology development of thermal energy conversion and thermal process systems. Some of the Laboratory’s field of expertise are science and technology in refrigeration and HVAC systems, combustion engines, coal upgrading, power plants, drying, energy optimization of thermal system, flow characteristics and heat & mass transfers in thermal system components.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Software Packages: ALGOR, FLOW3D and FLUENT
- Controlled Environment Chamber
- Hydrocarbon, CO2, HFC and HCFC Refrigerant Performance Test Benches
- Hydronics cooling (chilled water) system installation
- Refrigerant Thermodynamic Properties Test Facilities
- Gasoline Fuel and Fuel Control Device Test Benches
- Infra Red Moistured balance